Scan/Reset Tool for BMWs 1987-2007
by Peake Research
The Peake FCX line of tools read the BMW factory engine fault codes, resets check-engine, service engine soon, oilservice and inspection!
There is a Peake FCX tool available for your year and model BMW, up to 2007. The latest version is the R5-FCX3. Or if you are a technician, choose the "universal" configuration (87 through 2007). Your order will include everything you need to read engine codes, reset the engine lights and the oilservice/inspection lights, as well as a full parts & labor Manufacturer's Warranty. Start enjoying the pinpoint accuracy of factory codes today, order your R5/FCX3 now!
Features of the Peake FCX tool:
- Affordable - Priced similar to a dealer's diagnostic fee
- Compact - Fits in your glove box
- Reads the full range of BMW Proprietary "factory" engine codes specific to your car - not misleading OBDII codes
- Resets "Check Engine" and "Service Engine Soon"
- Resets the Oilservice and Inspection mileage reminders.
- Very easy to use - takes less than 30 seconds
- Includes easy to read code chart and instruction manual
- Includes storage case
- 90-Day Manufacturer's Parts & Labor Warranty
- Recommended by leading service manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton's, etc.)
- Size: 3.25" x 1.75" diameter
- Weight: 177g (8.7oz)(with manual and case)
- Compatibility (years): Available 1987-2007 (see "Connection" next and note 1)
- Connection: (R5/FCX3) Connects to the round under-hood plug. (R5/FCX316) connects to the under-dash plug. (R5/FCX3-U) covers both. (See note 1)
- Compatible Makes & Nations: BMW only / all nations
- Diagnostic range: Reads BMW engine fault codes that trigger the Check Engine and Service Engine Soon warning lights.
- Reset Functions: Resets the engine fault codes and Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Lights; Oilservice/Inspection reminders/countdown lights to 2005
- Communication: Will not program or disturb existing firmware
- Construction: High impact plastic, gold plated internal connections; 16 bit CPU
- Documentation: 44 page, printed paper, code definition / user manual
- Storage Case: Included
Note 1: In cars with dual connectors (under-dash + under-hood) the car's under-dash plug has no reset connections! So you MUST use the "under-hood" tool. (Example: All BMWs 1996 - 1999, All Z3s and all 740i's regardless of year are "dual connector" cars. Also note that X5's and many three series up to mid 2001 are also dual connector). Check the car before ordering.
Peake FCX Tool (R5-FCX3)Functionality Checklist
- Easy Operation: Yes (extremely)
- Read BMW Proprietary codes: Yes
- Read the same codes the dealer sees: Yes
- Read the same number of engine codes as dealer?s tool: yes
- Safe for my car: Yes, it's "fool proof" - even for a determined fool...
- Available for BMWs 1987-2007: Yes
- Reset oilservice and inspection reminders: Yes
- Include everything you need to read and reset engine codes: Yes
- Include a code manual with definitions: Yes
- Include a 90-day warranty: Yes
- Work only on BMWs: Yes
- Let you check and reset codes at your convenience: Yes
- Instructions so clear they're printed right on the tool: Yes
- Operate without interface cables, software, or PC: Yes
- Low Cost: Yes
- Work with Non-US spec BMWs: Yes
- Work with Diesel BMWs: Yes
WHICH PEAKE FCX TOOL SHOULD I BUY?
Click Here for help.
1987 - 2000
2000 - 2007